Social Media Consultant (May’16-Present)
• Write relevant news, celebrity, fashion, pop culture stories for website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Research topical stories online
• Create captions for daily celebrity photos
TV & Web Series Writing Instructor (Sept. '15-Present)
• Teach fundamentals of structure for web series, ½ hr TV series & 1 hr TV series.
• Help students outline and develop their web series' pilots
• Teach the process of writing spec scripts for ½ hr & 1 hr TV series.
Fung Retail Group
Social Media Consultant (Feb. ’15-June ’15)
• Create engaging content regarding retail technology for Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
• Write blogs for the CEO of the company, to align with her philosophies of the industry
• Creatively report on trends in retail marketing by tracking a range of companies’ promotional tactics each week
Digital Film Academy
Screenwriting Instructor (April '15-Present)
• Teach Advanced Screenwriting classes at accredited university.
• Teach both short screenplay and feature screenplay classes.
• Provide the principles and structure to support students in creating innovative, strong scripts to take into production for their final projects.
Episode Interactive Phone App
Writer & Producer (Oct. '14-April '15))
• Write short animated episodes for a series I created for the "Choose Your Own Adventure" phone app Episode Interactive
• Choose the animation for episodes and execute it using special coding for the characters, backgrounds, etc.
• Pitch stories and episodes for possible other scripts, get feedback, and revise scripts.
Video Director & Co-Producer (Oct. '14-March '15)))
• Produce educational videos for various illnesses & how to administer medications pre-production through post-production – rent necessary equipment, obtain locations, cast, hire crew, etc.
• Direct videos with various actors and health "experts" pre-production through post-production
• Supervise writing of scripts for videos
The Actors Connection
Screenwriting Lecturer (Oct. '13-June '15))
• Teach introduction to screenwriting for adult actors. Go through structure of different mediums, including film, TV, web series, and shorts.
• Teach actors the traits that make for engaging characters and how to develop roles for themselves in their original projects.
• Provide the principles that create innovative, strong stories, no matter what the medium.
PRISM Multimedia Center (Institute of Music)
Director & Screenwriter Teacher (Jan. '13-May'14)
• Taught High School students how to create documentaries from pre-production through post production
• Taught High School and Jr. High School students how to create and write short screenplays and rewrite for production
• Gave knowledge of fundamentals of directing actors and working with the camera
• Co-Directed students' short films on both locations and green screen studios (25 films)
New York Women In Film And Television (NYWIFT)
Screenwriting Instructor (Oct. '14)
• Gave seminars at NYWFIT on screenwriting for short content, explaining the different structure for short films, TV, and web series
• Workshopped students' scripts, outline and/or ideas
• Discussed overall production advice for creating shorts and/or web series
FTMA (Film and Television Masters Program) at Sacred Heart University
Program Liaison/Advisor (Sept. '13-Dec.'13)
• Manage operations of the program, including: the equipment room, social media, guest lecturers, ordering from outside vendors, etc.
• Serve as Liaison to film, acting, and entertainment industries for students.
• Provide support and feedback to students' projects and overall studies.
The Ghetto Film School / The Cinema School
Filmmaker in Residence – Screenwriting/TV Writing Teacher (Jan. '11-March '13)
• Taught high school students film production classes (teaching a variety of classes including: screenwriting, casting, directing actors, producing, story, and pitching)
• Supervised students in pre-production, production, and post-production for students' films, commercials, and music videos
• Worked with students one on one to workshop their film, commercial, and video scripts
• Taught advanced TV writing class for alumni students, where each student wrote a TV Spec script for either a half hour or an hour TV show that's currently on air
Gotham Writers Workshop
Screenwriter Teacher/Script Doctor (June. '12-Present)
• Taught Screenwriting I class to a variety of adult students of all levels, dividing class into lectures, exercises, and going over students' work
• Helped students develop outlines for their stories, as well as the script itself
• Consulted with students one on one on their feature film scripts
New York Film Academy
Acting Teacher (March '09-Jan. '10)
• Taught Acting for Film, Scene Study, and Monologue classes to Jr. High, High School and College Level students
• Directed students in film scenes and monologues, creating a film set with the class
• Coached individual students on monologues as well as acting techniques.
Jodi Collins Casting and Enterprise
Assistant Casting Director (Jan.'08-Feb. '10)
• Assisted in casting the TV Show, "The Scariest Show on Television" for Comedy Central, the TV show "Z Rock" for IFC, the film "The Mystery Gang" (Sundance Film Festival), and Ensemble Studio Theatre's "Marathon Plays '08"br> • Maintained office by organizing actor submissions, audition schedules, breakdowns, email correspondence, etc.
• Provided support for "Creative Control", a screenplay reading series we produced
Magnet Entertainment (Producer Ed Saxon)
Office Production Assistant
• Research for projects in development and production (ADAPTATION, THE TRUTH ABOUT CHARLIE, SEREN, THE BURIAL, etc.)
• Organize filming schedule, budget breakdown, producer's meeting, auditions, and PR events
• Perform Reader duties, reading script submissions and writing script coverage.
|Keepin' It Real||Director/Co-Producer||Web Series|
|Big Tree||Director/Producer||Music Video for MTV.com|
|Twin Hearts||Director||Reality Series Pilot|
|$5 Mic||Director||TV Pilot|
|Innerspace||Writer/Director||Turtleboy Music Video|
|Lenox Avenue||Staff Writer/Director||BET Network|
|C'est Moi||Writer/Director/Editor||Columbia Thesis Film|
|The Curious Complications
of Role Playing
|Writer/Director||Columbia Non-Thesis Film|
|Z Rock||Asst. Casting Director||IFC|
|See You Tomorrow||Writer/Director||Columbia Grad Film|
|Comfort Woman||Co-Producer||Columbia Grad Film|
|You Slay Me||Director||Columbia Grad Film|
|Love Crimes||Writer/Producer||Columbia Grad Film|
|The Party||Writer/Director||Columbia Grad Film|